About the position
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Postdoc or Scientist for a full-time position, to carry out high-quality research and development work in Antennas and Propagation. Topics include antenna design, namely for microwave and mm-Wave bands, electromagnetic characterization of materials, and radio wave propagation studies.
The candidate must have Lab experience, and expertise required to design and supervise the development of functional prototypes, at least up to TRL 4.
The candidate will integrate a dynamic and forward-thinking team composed of senior scientists, researchers, and students. He/she is expected to bring his own research ideas and skills to tackle ongoing R&D challenges, in close collaboration with our interdisciplinary team and external scientific and industry partners.
The candidate will publish in high-impact scientific journals and high-quality conferences in Antennas and Propagation, seek and apply for competitive funding in projects or contracts, and support our Ph.D. students and postdoctoral researchers.
Your expected profile
- You hold a Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering or similar.
- You have profound knowledge of electromagnetics, particularly on Antennas and Propagation, including knowledge of associated classical analysis methods and techniques.
- You have a good track record of publications of applied research in high-impact journals and Conferences in Antennas and Propagation
- You have strong experience in antenna design and wave propagation modeling, experience with commercial full-wave simulation tools, and a strong knowledge of the main antennas and on-bench microwave measurement equipment and techniques.
- Experience with participation in projects in Antennas and Propagation. Active preparation of proposals, and application for research funding opportunities, is a plus.
- Experience with student supervision is also valued.
- You have a proficient level of comprehension and written and oral skills in English.
We are offering
We offer a challenging position with the possibility to expand your career in an inclusive environment, with excellent working conditions, advanced lab facilities, and access to prototyping services. You have the team’s support to publish in high-impact Journals and Conferences, you have the possibility to participate in ongoing projects, and have access to the team’s network of national and international contacts.
About Instituto de Telecomunicações
Instituto de Telecomunicações (IT), established in 1992, is one of the largest research institutions in Portugal, working in Communications and Information Technologies (ICT). With 300+ researchers holding a Ph.D. degree and hosting the research work of 200+ Ph.D. students and 200+ master's students, IT has a solid multidisciplinary team, addressing cutting-edge topics in ICT, from fundamental to applied research in Wireless Technologies, Optical Technologies, Data Science, Networks and Services, and Basic Sciences. Research activities supported by IT are evaluated regularly by an International Panel appointed by the Portuguese Science Foundation. IT has gained the statute of State Laboratory.
More information at https://www.it.pt/Positions/WhyWorkAtIT
About the Antennas and Propagation Group
You can find detailed information about this research Group at https://www.it.pt/AP-Lx
Further information and Online Application webpage
You will find further information about the position, including the offered conditions, the required documentation, and full details of the selection process, on the official position offer webpage: https://www.it.pt/Positions/PostDoc/694
Please submit your application online on that same webpage until October 31, 2022, 23:59 (UTC+1). Applications by email will not be considered.